Friday, May 13, 2016

Dress shopping

I have weddings in June, September and October to attend this year... as a result, I need something to wear, preferably a dress. A friend of mine has a ball to attend to in a few weeks and therefore, also needs a dress. We both, separately, asked K to go dress shopping with us, as she's the fashion guru of the gang. K has decided to kill two birds with one stone by shopping with the two of us at the same time... and well, this has turned out into a shopping adventure because all the other girls want to join :) So the gang is going shopping this afternoon!


Hopefully, later this evening, I'll update this post with what I bought today :)


UPDATE:

Mission accomplished!! EmK and I both found dresses! Yay!!

This was quite an intense shopping adventure. I swear, I must have tried on close to 25 dresses. For a girl who almost never wears one, it's a lot! Basically, I would go in the cabin to try one and the girls (EmK, K and my sister) would just keep bringing more. Because EmK was looking for something for a ball, her choices were more limited and therefore, had more time to look for me LOL.

Going to start with EmK's dress:


Since it was for a ball, we kept telling EmK to go for something a bit more daring or at least, colorful. She tried on a few dresses, but none that brought a smile on her face like this one :) Unfortunately, the curse of being short - she'll have to have the length altered. Hopefully, in time since her event is in 2 weeks.

And now, here is my dress:


This is not something I would have picked for myself... but that's why you go shopping with friends right? The print is not my style... and I guess I had something else in mind. But all my friends agree this was the nicest dress I tried on and the fit is really nice :)

However, what do you think: yay or nay for a wedding? My sister voiced her concerns that perhaps it's not chic enough for a hotel wedding reception...

After shopping, we went for a bite and just stayed at the food court for a couple of hours, talking. It's been a while since we've been together, so it was really nice. Just too bad one of us couldn't make it, but hopefully, soon ;)