Monday, March 10, 2014

Discussion: Annual re-reads

Hi everyone!

How are you doing? I had a nice and quiet week-end and everything should be perfect... except that it was "spring forward" and as a result, I'm tired. Crazy what an hour difference will do! And of course, I was late to work because of it. Yes, it's that kind of day.

My initial plan was to write a review, but since my mind is fogged up, I thought I'd do a discussion topic. It's been a while and it requires less brain power LOL.


Once again, I'm in one of mini reading slumps. Ugh. I thought of looking through my TBR pile, but in the end, I decided to do some re-reads. Since I've just reviewed Split Second, I went with Pivot Point. After that, I picked up The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner and of course, it let me to The King of Attolia. I've realized that I actually re-read The King of Attolia almost every year... and it made me think of what other books I re-read.

So here's my question... Do you have annual re-reads? Books that you will re-read every year? Why?

 


These are four books that I know I re-read almost every year.

The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner - I loooove this book for its cleverness, the characters and the court intrigues. Love how Eugenides fools everyone around him and how Costis' opinion of his King slowly changes :)

My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger - Definitively my feel good book :) This will provide the laughs and the smiles I need.

Count to Ten by Karen Rose - Ms Rose is my favorite RS author and Count to Ten is the book that sealed it for me :) Loved Mia and Reed.

Hunting Fear by Kay Hooper - I love Ms Hooper's FBI SCU series and to me, Hunting Fear is the best of the series. It's just chilling and exciting :)


Oh, I do re-read more books than those... but for the rest, it all depends on moods and it'll actually be authors or series that will dictate my choices instead of the book itself. So what about you? Any annual re-read books?

7 comments:

  1. I do have re-reads!
    I read Julie Garwood's Saving Grace and Lisa Kleypas' Dreaming of You almost every year.

    and I just read My Most Excellent year, it was awesome, I actually found the audiobook and started listening to it, right after I finished reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read My Most Excellent Year! Still saving it. *g*

    I do have yearly re-reads. The Lord of the Rings trilogy (a tradition during New Year's). The Adrien English mysteries are a new addition (re-read it 3 times last year). My Nora Roberts favorite, the Born Trilogy -- although I haven't read it this year yet. An m/m book by Chris Owen I love to read in the summer because there's baseball, Carbon and Ash. Historicals: The Secret Pearl by Mary Balogh, Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas, and Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase. But I didn't read all of these last year! Only Dreaming of You. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I re-read TLC by Barbara Delinsky..it's an oldie, but it has all the ingredients I love in a romance! Then I read scenes from many books but not whole books..i no longer have the time...
    in years past I'd re-read Pride and Prejudice twice a year!
    And Nora Roberts' favorite of mine, Three Fates too! These days, not many re-reads anymore, no...
    ****

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am terrible at rereads... I really must reread Megan Whalen Turner, but I originally read her through the library and haven't got all the books in my own collection. I must make a point of getting them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex - I'm so glad you enjoyed My Most Excellent Year Alex! It was really a great book :) Does the narrators of the audiobooks do it justice?

    Saving Grace, is that one of Julie Garwood's historicals? I've never read them ^_^;

    Hilcia - LOL, you've been saving it for years, Hils! Years! Wonder when you'll read it... we'll have to throw a huge party then :P

    wow, that's a lot of books you re-read every year! NR is an author that I re-read every year, but I can't say it's always the same books that I re-read. For me, as long as it's her writing :P Interesting about the Adrien English mysteries... and LOL, Lord of Scoundrels. I bet that's on a lot of people's list.

    Sonia - TLC? Which one is that?

    I know about the re-reads right? We're so caught up reading new books that we don't take the time to re-read. For me, re-reads are mostly when I'm stuck or in a reading slumps... but it shouldn't ^_^;

    Kailana - LOL, I'm thinking of getting extra copies of the Queen's Thief series. That's how much I like her books! They're really a must in your personal collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nath, TLC is the title of the book! It's from the 90s if I remember right. I loved that book!

      Delete
  6. Jennifer Crusie is my go to re-read author. Count to Ten used to be one too but then my print copy is in storage right now, so I didn't re-read it this past year. I must rectify that this year!

    My re-reading has been taken by Kristen Ashley lately. LOL I can't quit her!

    ReplyDelete