Thursday, November 01, 2012

Monthly Reads - September 2012

Wowzer, first of the month and I have a Monthly Reads post up!! LOL, I can't remember when is the last time it happened! Of course, this post being for September instead of October is just a small detail :) But hey, I'm catching up!! Only one month behind instead of two :)

By the way, one monthly feature I'm always prompted with is the New Releases post :) Head over to Breezing Through  to check out what books Ames, Monroe and I are looking forward to. Here's a little hint...


***

Now, onto business. September started out as a really good month for me. There were books by some favorite authors that I was really looking forward to... and half-way through the month, I started slipping into a reading slump. Ugh, the pain!! So here is what I managed to read:


1) Ruined by Moonlight by Emma Wildes: B+


2) Archangel's Storm by Nalini Singh: B


3) Playing to Win by Jaci Burton: C


4) More Than One Night by Sarah Mayberry
Upcoming Review.


5) Along Came a Duke by Elizabeth Boyle: C


6) Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros:


7) Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks: B


8) Delusion in Death by J.D. Robb: B


9) Speechless by Hannah Harrington: B


10) Riveted by Meljean Brook: B-
Upcoming Review.


11) Breaking Point by Pamela Clare: B
Upcoming Review.

***

Balance
Books bought: +10
Books read: -11
TBR pile: -1


Genres
Category Romance - 1
Contemporary Romance - 2
Historical Romance - 3
     --> (Regency - 2/Medieval - 1)
Urban Fantasy - 1
Steampunk Romance - 1
Mystery/Thriller - 1
Romantic Suspense - 1
YA - 1

***

All in all, September wasn't such a bad month. I still managed to have a negative balance for the TBR pile and still made it into the 2-digits for the number of reads. It is the lowest for the year though, but it didn't mark a new low as it equaled March. However, I can't help but be disappointed because September was so promising. However, now all I can remember from September is that stupid reading slump and how I struggled to read. Not a nice feeling at all.

Anyway... I know October was better LOL. Hopefully, November will be as well!