Sunday, November 04, 2012

Hauling Sunday XCVI

Hi everyone!

How's your week-end going so far? I'm sooo glad we get an extra hour of sleep! Especially since I need it. I fell during the curling game on Friday evening and hit my head on the ice pretty hard :( At first, it wasn't too bad because I didn't have that much pain. Actually I still don't have that much pain nor any headaches, but yesterday, I felt nauseous the whole day :( Also, I was cold and hot the whole day too. I called the health phone line and the nurse told me being nauseous after hitting my head is normal... but if I vomit, become dizzy or have any changes in my behavior, to head to the hospital straight away :( As for the hot and cold thing, well part of it is because the weather is changing and temperature is getting colder... but it could also be me being febrile, a reaction from my nerves system. Sigh. Luckily, that's gone. As for the nausea, it's better than yesterday, but still takes me by surprise from time to time :(

Anyway, there'll be no curling recap this week. Not because I hit my head, but simply because that was also my only game. Our game on Thursday was canceled and is to be rescheduled. So I only played Friday... and 5 ends. I had some nice shots, but we were getting beaten so badly! When I left the ice, we were trailing 11-1 ^_^; Anyway, they have these head-bands for curling where it's like a little cushion for behind the head. I'm considering it. What I absolutely need though is curling shoes with proper gripper. So yeah, big bummer. I had such a high last week playing curling and this week was such a low :(

Luckily, to cheer me up, there's always books :) Here is what I got through the mail:


First Impressions by Nora Roberts - I was at the bookstore not long ago and came across First Impressions which is a reprint of Ms Roberts' two oldies: First Impressions and Blithe Images. I've been on a contemporary romance kick, plus it's Ms Roberts, so when I came home and saw it for 5.81$ on Book Depository, I pre-ordered it :) Gotta say, I love the cover :P

Seducing Mr. Knightly by Maya Rodale - I have yet to read The Tattoed Duke and I have no idea when I'll get to it. However, I couldn't resist the blurb of Seducing Mr. Knightly. Annabelle's crush for Mr. Knightly have been hinted throughout the series and you gotta support a woman who goes after what she wants!

***

And from Laura Florand, I received:


The Chocolate Kiss by Laura Florand - I got an email from Ms Florand asking me if I wanted a copy of The Chocolate Kiss, even though it was an uncorrected proof with mistakes in it. Of course, I said yes!! LOL. Stay tuned for a review soon-ish LOL.

***

So that's my week. Next week should be even better :) Well I hope LOL. What about you?