Thursday, May 17, 2012

A new look!

Well, not that different, but at least refreshing :)

This coming week-end is a long week-end in Canada! Yay! I'm really looking forward to it as I'll be heading up to Quebec City for my aunt's 50th birthday surprise party :) Fun times ahead! Before heading North, I decided to get a haircut. That's the problem with short hair, you need to maintain it often and I don't. However, I was really past due this time, so I got an appointment for this  place near my house. Then this morning, I got a phone call letting me know my glasses were ready! Double yay :) I was looking forward to them and was worried they wouldn't come before Saturday. Even if they had come in tomorrow (Friday), time would really had been short... but problem solved :)

I bought two pairs because there was a 2 for 1 deal and thank god for them because glasses are really expensive here! I was hoping to get two drastically different pairs (perhaps the colors), but it didn't work out that way. Still, I'm happy because they are quite different :) So here they are:

Pair A

Pair A is actually quite similar to my old pair of glasses. It's nice, classy, but without any real pop. If they are comfy, they'll probably become my everyday glasses :)


Pair B 


 Pair B are a bit more fun with the thick plastic frame and the embellishment on the side :) I actually really like them. They had the model in red, but it wasn't more of a red wine color instead of popping red. It just wasn't as nice, so black it is. The good news is that black goes with everything right? :)


And here is me, wearing the glasses with the new haircut :) What do you think? It's just nice to no longer have shapeless hair :P


Now, I just need to get used to them. I had my old pair for almost 3 years and they were really comfy :P I just feel weird with both these new pairs and my eyes have to adjust to my new prescription, even though the changes was very slight.

So what do you think?

24 comments:

  1. Cute!! I like the glasses and the haircut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nath, the haircut is great, and I really like the glasses, both of them! I think the first pair fit you really well, and the second do have that pop you were looking for. :D Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hils - I'm actually very happy with the haircut. I went to a new place, so was a bit nervous. Especially after she blow-dried my hair ^_^; They always do it puffy, I don't get why. But once I was outside and could flatten it out, I liked it a lot! It still the same style, but I went even shorter this time, and she took off a bit of volume :) It works :)

      And the first pair is actually very similar to my old one in style :) So a bit of something old and new. And yes, I like the second one for the pop!!

      Delete
  3. Love both pairs and the haircut, short hair is the best ;-) And now I finally have a face to go along with the posts and emails, up until now you were four dudes with a no comment sing on top! LOL Enjoy the glasses and the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short hair is indeed the best! Especially for someone who hates tying it LOL. And ha, you just had to ask! I've posted pictures of myself on the blog before :P

      Delete
  4. Yay! Love the new glasses and the haircut. I'm partial to Pair B. I think they're stylish and flattering on you. Have fun in QC this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine - Thanks Christine! :) My friends say the second pair makes me look more feminine :P Perhaps that's why you're partial to them :)

      Delete
  5. I really like the second one! And the first is a great everyday pair too. Have a great weekend!

    Li

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Li - Thanks Li. I think they're great. I like the thicker frame, but also the design on the side :P

      Delete
  6. Cute haircut and glasses!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myra C - Thanks!! And welcome to my blog!

      Delete
  7. The glasses both look pretty good! as does the haircut
    I recently got glasses again too, but I had to get bigger frames 'cause I kept getting dizzy and tripping and my dad said it was probably cause the frame was too small.

    Anyway, I hope you have a lovely time at your aunt's party ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex - Thanks :)

      How long did you wear them and the dizziness still remained? Sometimes, it takes a while to adjust. I'm having a bit of an adjustment period with both frame right now ^_^;

      and is everything okay with the new frame?

      Delete
  8. I like both pairs. And i like your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love getting new glasses so yay!! I like both pair. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful in the second picture with the new glasses, I think they are more....I don't know...sexy maybe. Also the haircut suit you very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mariana - Thanks Mariana!

    Ames - LOL, me too! :)

    Elena - Thank you so much Elena :) I think it's like one of my friends said, it's more feminine looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Agree! Love the haircut and both glasses. Hope you had fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leslie - Thanks Les :) The party was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It took me a little bit to see the pictures of you with your glasses on because I was looking at your bookshelves in the background. =) But they're both cute, I like them both. I need new glasses too so seeing this was good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the new glasses, especially the thicker black frame ones! Awesome haircut as well! I recently went short with mine too, but I hate going to the salon to get it cut so I'll probably end up growing it back out. :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rowena - LOL, I think you're not the only one :P

    Can't wait to see what glasses you choose!

    Samantha - Nod nod, I like the thicker frame as well. So far, that's the more comfortable one as well.

    Ha, I usually let it grow for 4 to 6 months before going to get them cut again :P I just like short hair, but don't have the patience to maintain it short.

    ReplyDelete