Thursday, December 10, 2009

In the spirit of the Olympic Games 2010...

Sigh, another busy week. I hope it will slow down for the holidays. Actually, the good news is that my boss might be going on vacation this year, from December 24 to 31 :) That would be soooo cool! That would mean some days off :) Woohooo!

We got lots of snow yesterday. I don't know how much, but at least 30cm. Luckily, most people were prepared to the worst - so lots of schools were closed and many either stayed home or took the public transport. As a result, there wasn't any traffic - that is so rare! Even this morning wasn't so bad. The only bad thing about the snow is that it wasn't the fluffy kind. Instead, we got wet snow, so very heavy.

Roar to the Rings is the Olympic trial for curling in Canada and it's almost over. I actually just finished watching the last draw for the men round robin. The top 3 teams from last year made it, so that's good. Don't really have a favorite among them, so whoever goes, I'm fine. Actually, I hope it'll be Stoughton, because he seems to have been runner-up many times!! As for the women, well my favorite team is out of the race :( Very unfortunate. There are going to be two tie-breaker games, so right now, I'm rooting for Stephanie Lawton. Of course, having said that probably jinxed her chances LOL. We'll know the results this week-end :)

Speaking of the Olympic Games, I mentioned that the Olympic flame was going through my town on December 8. Didn't have the chance to see it, because I was at work... but guess what? I caught it this evening!! Was really lucky. I was hanging out at the bookstore, waiting for my sister... and when she joined me, we discovered that the Olympic flame was going to be relayed from one carrier to the other right in front of the bookstore!! So we waited and watched :D This was really, really great... my sister was especially happy, since she was very disappointed that we missed it on Tuesday. I'm happy too :) Royal Bank of Canada is one of the Olympic sponsor and it happened that there was one right front of the bookstore... so they were giving away pompoms and some inflated sticks so we could make noise :)

I have some pictures and a video. The pictures didn't come out very nice... and the video has no sounds :( This is a new camera and I haven't had time to figure out all the settings and modes. I definitively need to do that this week-end... But still, I have a memory of a very rare event :) So it's a nice memory :D I'm planning to go to The Bay tomorrow and buy some Olympics clothing or memorabilia :)





It's funny because people didn't know what was happening really, except that the Olympic flame was coming. The carrier was waiting in front of RBC and there was a crowd around him, people taking pictures. A lot of passerbys were like: Why isn't his torch burning? And then, someone told us that he was actually waiting for another carrier to come to him and light up his torch :) Anyway, it was cool to witness and I'm glad we were able to get a video :D