Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Catching up

Hello everyone!

I've been such a bad blogger!! Between normal life, renewed passion with wuxia novels (i.e. kung fu novels), snowstorms, reading and the holidays, oh and of course work, I have difficulty keeping up with everything. Either I post or blog hop, but I don't have time to do both as usual :(

So here I am, catching up... I had promised some reviews for yesterday, but since I didn't go to work, it didn't work out :( See, Sunday was our annual Christmas Gift Exchange... and we got a snowstorm... bleh... An additional 40cm of snow to the 40cm we got 2 weeks ago. Let me tell you, it's been a couple of years since I've seen SO MUCH SNOW. It's white everywhere and driving is hell. I'm presently stuck at work because there was too much traffic for me to go downtown to pick up my sis! I'll be posting pics of how it looks tomorrow or the day after... so anyway, I was one of the few that braved the weather and still went for our gift exchange. Out of 12, 5 made it... the exchange of gifts lasted 10 minutes LOL! Turns out that I picked M and M picked me... so we exchanged our gifts while the others watched us... very anti-climatic gift exchange... Then I stayed over at my friend's house because there was just no way I was going to make it back home. We played board games, Wii and watched a movie... and ate a lot. It was quite enjoyable. Sometimes it's for more fun when you're in small groups.

So I got Elijah last week... still haven't started it yet... and I got mail yesterday!! Blood Dreams and The Haunting of Josie, both by Kay Hooper!! :D I'm reading Blood Dreams right now and hoping I'll be done with it tonight. I also went to the bookstore today... See, everytime I get a package by mail, they give me a mystery card... basically, a mystery card is a card that contains 5, 10, 25, 50, 100 or 1000$... however, in order to use it, you have to buy over 50$... I've also had several coupons that I wanted to use... and so I went to buy books, even if I have too much of them. So I bought:

- Hot Mama by jennifer Estep
- Worth Any Price by Lisa Kleypas
- A Dangerous Beauty by Sophie Nash
- On the Loose by Tara Janzen
- Cast in Secret by Michelle Sagara

and one more book... but I can't remember the title. Oh and also, the Black Jewels trilogy by Anne Bishop... the new edition with the new covers... I just think they're sooo nice that I had to have them :D

My resolution for 2008, try to lower my book hauling ^^; I definitively have to start buying less books. But then, you never know LOL... I've been telling myself that many times... and it never seems to work. Sigh.

By the way, you remember my architect friend doing her master thesis? The one I've been helping? Well here are some additional pictures :D

See how ingenious you have to be to make some of the buildings! Seriously, some of them were really hard!

And here is the final product!

So what do you think? the last picture has her panel... cost her 100$ just to print it! It's hard to be a student... :)