Friday, August 10, 2007

I feel so stupid...

Hey everyone :D

I just want to reassure everyone that I'm fine and thank everyone for their worries and kind words.

Just after the accident, I was quite in shock. I didn't think of asking for the other party's driving license and we didn't fill an accident report. Actually, I did think about it, but the other party brushed it away and I didn't insist. He gave me his phone numbers, name and license plate... Stupid me, I didn't check his license plate myself :( I didn't think of calling the police either because no one was injured and our cars were still "working."

So you can guess... I totally got screwed over. When I call the insurance, I gave them the phone numbers... the insurance lady called me 2 minutes later to confirm the numbers and announced that they were wrong or not in function. Stupid me, I still wanted to trust that person and said that he was supposed to call me in the afternoon.

I later brought my car to the garage directly... there was no point letting it sit at home and I didn't want to drive it more than necessary (i.e. drive home from work and then, garage). At this point, it was about 10am. I went home, but didn't want to stay home alone so I went over to a friend house. Over there, I wrote my declaration of "what happened..." My friend's mother came back and asked me questions and then urged me I should report the accident to the police. She was afraid that the other party would call the police and report the accident first and say that I ran away from the scene. I tried to call the other party and the phone numbers were really false... so I went to a police station and give them the license plate number so they could do a search. Turns out the license plate was false too! So in the end, I have to make a hit and run offence report.

So yeah, I feel stupid... but at least everything has been cleared up with the insurance... and they are going to treat my case as a hit and run.

Sigh.

Oh, I haven't had time to really blog-hop... luckily, there is google reader... but because of that, I didn't have time to comment... I promise I will something today!